Monday, September 10, 2012

Dodge Challenger SRT8 Twin-Turbo by LPM Custom Street Machines



Posted on 09.10.2012 19:00 by
Justin Cupler

Filed under:
Dodge | 2008 | USA | coupe | Dodge Challenger | drag racing | muscle cars | car tuning | cool fast cars | Cars | Car Reviews | Dodge









On Friday afternoon, I was cruising down the road, heading to the gym, and the familiar sound of a pair of turbochargers came whistling by my late-1990s Saturn - yeah, I know. Being one of my favorite sounds ever, I quickly looked to my right and just in front of the passenger side fender was a bright orange 2008 Challenger.



Assuming I was just hearing things, I had to roll down my window and get a good listen as it pulled away. Sure enough, there was the whistle again. After debating whether to sacrifice a few sets of much-needed bench presses in favor of flagging down the driver of this beastly muscle car, the car suddenly pulled into a Hess gas station so I decided that was my sign to stop and talk to the guy.



I rolled up to this bright-orange Challenger expecting the worst - some inflated-ego 20-something that doesn’t have the time to deal with some dude in a Saturn that claims to write about cars - but instead I met Mr. Don MacLachlan, a friendly local that loves to talk about his car. After a quick exchange, I found out that he was heading to a local car show right then and would love to talk more. With my having nothing more than my camera phone, I opted to schedule a future meeting. Fortunately, Don was heading to another car show the following day, so we chose to meet there for an exclusive review on his nasty Challenger.



With the review complete and plenty of pictures taken, we are now set to present to you, Don MacLachlan’s Challenger.



Click past the jump to read our full review.




Dodge Challenger SRT8 Twin-Turbo by LPM Custom Street Machines originally appeared on topspeed.com on Monday, 10 September 2012 19:00 EST.



read more







No comments:

Post a Comment