Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hyundai Genesis - Driven









Under the shadow of BMW's Spartanburg manufacturing plant nestled in the rolling hills of South Carolina, I found myself ripping through corners of back county highways in the new 2015 Hyundai Genesis. And though the plant only produces BMW's popular SUVs and crossovers,, the Genesis' intent to conquer giants became blatantly obvious the farther I traveled through the sweeping hills.



The roads along my path were littered with hairpin turns and switchbacks followed by long straights with varying pavement conditions. Besides the few locals traversing the trail and that one tractor creeping along behind a blind curve, the road was nearly mine. The Genesis' new, more ridged chassis and upgraded suspension system with a driver-selectable Sport Mode rode tight with a very balanced feel that inspired confidence.



The steering in my RWD tester felt light yet properly weighted while its variable ratio kept my inputs in check. With the car weighing in at 4,138 pounds, I was amazed at how well the Hankook tires griped the road without howling complaints. Only under mid-corner power was I able to induce noticeable understeer. I'm no Mario Andretti, but I was giving it the beans. The Genesis just tracked like it was on rails with almost no body roll.



Click past the jump for the full report on the new 2015 Hyundai Genesis



Hyundai Genesis - Driven originally appeared on topspeed.com on Friday, 25 April 2014 18:00 EST.



read more





No comments:

Post a Comment